18 November 2017 Event 2017 was the inaugural year of Nobility for Ability, and was held in the weekend of 17-18 November, in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
The central themes of the event were Empowerment of Women, and the “Differently Abled” and supported the organisations “Princess Diya Kumari Foundation” (PDKF), and “KnowDisability”.
The dates of the event were selected to coincide with the week India celebrates Children’s day, i.e. 14th Nov, the Universal Children’s day, which is 20th Nov, and the Jaipur Foundation day, 18th Nov.
The event was conceived as a “Weekend getaway for a Cause”, for some fun and relaxation, some introspection and some benevolence. It featured the following activities:
• A curated walk through the Jaipur City Palace.
• Workshops on Reconnective Healing, beauty and wellness tips by Dr Blossom Kochhar, and on creating a better everyday life through simple and practical Astrological solutions.
• A Meet & Greet, Cocktail and Dinner on 17th November, 2017.
• a champagne brunch at the Rajasthan Polo Ground the following day.
• an exhibition polo match between the Jaipur Royals led by Maharaja Sawai Padmanabh Singh of Jaipur against the team of Chantilly Polo Club, France.
• “Women of Substance – Style on Turf” couture show celebrating the woman, by designer Charu Parashar, • culminating with the “Expressions of Jaipur” Gala Evening at the Jaipur City Palace on 18th November, 2017 featuring a Rohit Bal fashion show, a live canvas by the famous artist from Bengal, Sanjay Bhattacharya and a silent art auction by Arushi.